Want to know about… What one has to pursue after 12th to be a professional photographer in order to make a passion for a full-time job??? Then, you are in the right place. Through this blog, you will get to know what are the different types of courses in photography. How can you get into it and how can you get qualified till Ph.D. level in order to get a name and fame in our society. Apart from that, in the end, we’re going to give you a smart tip to achieve your dreams further….
There are many aspirants who want to convert their hobby or passion into a full-fledged career. So, before going into the eligibility section. You must know what are the 5 different types of photography courses available:
- Certificate Courses
- Diploma Courses
- Degree Courses
- PG Courses
- Ph.D. Courses
Now, you must be wondering……… Can one pursue photography till the Ph.D. level????
Well, yes you can pursue… the word professional before the term photographer had not put to increase any status level. The field itself has equal importance and respect just like that of other professionals which includes IT, CA, etc
So, let’s see what all are these 5 photography courses about and their eligibility:
- Certificate Courses: This is completed in a very short period of time. These courses are for those, who can’t invest their time much in this field. But, want to know the basics to continue their passion… It usually, complete within 3-6 months. And the minimum qualification to apply is 10th.
- Diploma Courses: one step higher than the certificate course. But usually, people take both of these courses as same. We must say, it’s not like that, both are different in their fields.
The diploma is a 1-year course, where you get knowledge in-depth. Its basically like a preview of degree courses. Moreover, it focuses on training a person in a particular field i.e, photography. These are usually awarded by either private or government-affiliated educational institutions.
To apply you should be 12th pass.
- Degree Courses are a 3-year course, usually given by a recognized or deemed university. They have a bit more value than a diploma in society. Because of its emphasis on academics and not only on one subject. The difference between both degrees and diplomas is the time duration and depth of the subject. The minimum qualification is 12th pass.
- PG Courses: it’s usually a 2-year course, to get specialized in a particular field. And to get admission, you should be a graduate.
- Ph.D. Courses: It usually a 5-year course, where you have to do research works about one subject so that a step of your knowledge can advance and at the same time get a “Dr” before your name…
To apply for PhD, you have to crack entrance exams and you should be qualified to postgraduate.
Now, its time for the smart tip. In order, to achieve your dreams in any field, you should have 6C’s within you…
You wanna know what are they????? That is….
This means that you should have a good character in order to get committed to your work and life. You should have the confidence and courage to deal with your problems and a conviction to prove yourself what you want to be. Along with that, you should have some courtesy while dealing with the outside world.