One must believe in themselves before taking a decision whether it is for your future, career, or profession. And that you will never regret choosing any arena as your profession. Only then you shall give your 100%. The same applies to fashion photography career and job also.
The fashion world has become co-operate big business. To flourish in this field, you have to think out of the box and be more creative with your works.
No line of work is considered a wastage of time and money in today’s era. And fashion photography career is one of them. As it is a very glamorous field. But to be in this field you have to focus on certain points.
- You have to be passionate about your works so that you can create a unique vision of beauty and fashion.
- Get as much education as you can: so that you can be creative and create creativity in the shoots to compete with others in the field.
- Experience: One should start their career off by being an assistant under some professionals. In order to get both experience and industrial knowledge. So as to create an image that will stand out from the crowd.
- Work Under Pressure: Pressure is a state of mind. One should be able to convert that pressure into focus mode, so as to produce positive results.
- Traveler: One has to be flexible with travel. As the shoots are taken in different locations to enhance the storyline. So as to meet the client’s needs.
Next, comes the job opportunities: to have a good and stable career in this field, the photographer must have both technical and theoretical knowledge. Apart from that, he/she should have certain skills before applying i.e,
- Artistic Ability
- One should always be updated with fashion & trends
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Ability
- Good Knowledge about software
In this field, the wider your experience and portfolio, the better. As it is a very competitive world.
And if you want to gain name and fame in the society, you have to advertise yourself and develop your contacts……
Furthermore, talent and work experience are essential in this arena. So, one can work or generate income… either as
- E-Commerce shoots & branding
- Doing fashion shoots for magazines
- Accomplishing Models Portfolio
- Or by selling their stock images
And the last but not the least is: How much do fashion photographers earn????
Actually, it depends on one’s experience and expertise. Mainly, starting from Rs 10,000 – 2,00,000/- or maybe more depending on whom they are working for or under… In short, once you get established, then the salary would be based as per the assignments you get!!